Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Art For Obama Auction



It may be 4:50 am and I may be bleary-eyed from checking the press every hour but I have to step out of bookprintingland to remind some of you that an important auction of artwork is coming up and the proceeds will go towards helping Barack Obama win the Presidency of the United States. You've probably been hearing a lot about this among the other blogs, but the auction - Art For Obama - is going to take place from 5 pm on October 1 to October 8. The list of artists who have donated work is stunning to say the least - Emmett Gowin, Larry Sultan, Susan Meiselas, Jim Goldberg, Alec Soth, Richard Misrach, Todd Hido, Tim Davis and many, many more.

Now, I have to say that I am not a person whose chest is swollen with patriotic pride -- basically my parents birthed me here (As a young spermatozoa I was trying to tell them "screw in Sweden, screw in Sweden" but I didn't have a mouth). But what I can say is that this country has suffered enough under organ-grinder Cheney and his monkey. Obama is speaking on real issues while the others are trying desperately to distract and derail real discussion, so help get his ideas heard through participating in this auction. What is left of the middle class is under attack economically and if we allow McCain and Palin to take over the White House we might as well just throw in the towel and move because my friends - the terrorists have really won. We can't possibly be that stupid, misinformed, distracted and eager to shoot our own feet, right? Well I've learned to fear what goes on behind voting curtains and I think you should too.

Meanwhile, I'm going to buy a Swedish dictionary and practice my numbers while counting along as these auctions end.

www.artforobama.net

(Thanks to Bill Hicks RIP)